Wednesday, November 21, 2012

SNOW?!

So I entered a contest this week for NailPolishCanada.com, they are actually running it for the next three weeks. Each week they will reveal a new nail art challenge and will be giving away some prizes in the process! One of the best parts? All the nail art will be Christmas themed! Today I have my submission to the contest, this weeks theme is snow.

I decided to use China Glaze Tinsel Town as a base since it is so frosty and cold, like an icy winter night. I then used a beautiful snowflake design from Red Angel plate, RA-119 and stamped randomly on each nail. I love the contrast between the deep silver and stark white! To top it off I applied a single rhinestone to the middle of each snowflake.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

It's not your typical snowflake mani, the ones I have seen in the past have used blue or white as a base, but I really love Tinsel Town and wanted to make the most of it. It really fits in with the whole theme of the contest too because it is a holiday polish!

Photobucket

If you'd like to show your support in voting for me I would really appreciate it! The odds for this contest are looking a lot better than the others I have entered in the past, so far there are 14 entries.

Photobucket

Photobucket

To vote for me fill out the form field at the bottom of this page (I am # 13), fill out your first name, email and choose my blog in the scroll down, Polish Obsessed. That's it!! If there is any additional information I receive in the next few days I will definitely post it!

Thank you in advanced to all of those who decide go out of your way to vote and show your support, it means a lot :)

6 comments:

  1. I really like this snowflake stamp - it's like you said - different and I like the size of it a lot. Going to have to look for this plate. I don't have this ChG shade but I have some blued graphites that this would look nice with. Agree it's fun to change out the more typical blues and reds folks tend to put snowflakes on. Not sure I want them over a bright purple or a brown! But I like to think outside of the traditional seasonal shades...I got hit by that bug when OPI released their Burlesque collection and I felt lost not having any OPI traditional holiday collection that yr. I always looked forward to that one collection every yr more than any other and some of my all time fav polish shades have come from those collections - would like to see OPI bring back even a small 4 shade real holiday collection - not sure if they think it's all been done or if it's not politically correct with all the various end of yr celebrations (and non)...In all the yrs I have had this polish thing going (and it dates for me back long before OPI even was a company - it was the traditional shades I wore for holiday - but then I wore those goofy themed sweaters and vest too! Now days I rock deep fuchsias in holiday - thanks to I have fallen hard for Let Me Entertain You from the OPI Burlesque collection - gads wish they would pull that one back and put it into the classic shades - nothing like it and I have a ton of glassflecked fuchsias. It's going to be one of those pushing the $20/bottle price tag here pretty soon - it's got a ton of fans. But all that said, I still fall hard for some of the great holiday reds and love 'em like OPI's Dear Santa..probably my all time fav holiday red right now - out of the holiday red creams I love OPI's Little Red Wagon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. l love your comments, you always leave such nice stories :) I do read all of them sometimes I just don't have the time to respond.

      I'm glad you like the mani. I agree I like to wear traditional colours but I do opt for finishes or polishes on the edgy side. I'm not one to wear reds, never really liked them on my nails except for maybe glitters like Ruby Pumps and Ring in the REd, those have to be my fave red polishes!

      I am so in the holiday spirit right now even though it is still pretty early, I do love christmas though :)

      Delete
  2. I love this mani, so different from the usual snowflake designs that come out this time of year x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much I really appreciate it :) I'm glad you like the design!

      Delete
  3. I love that you deviated from the usual snow color-scheme. Tinsel Town was a great choice!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, I love reading your comments and feedback :)